Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Starbucks

My wife and I stopped in for a cup of coffee the other day. While travelling toward home, she read me a quote on one of the cups. It was titled "The Way I See It #275:
When I wake up in the morning, I want to know that my family, friends and fans know what I believe in and what I'm all about. That's what should be important. Robert Randolph"
I don't know who Robert Randolph is.
I do know that we had just come from Sunday School where we talked about the Big I being the cause of sIn.
At first blush, we talked about how this was an example of the Big I.
I decided that was worth putting on the Blog.
However, as I have contemplated this, I realized there may be more truth to this than I first thought.
We are finishing up a study on discipleship at our Wednesday night group, where we have emphasized the importance of witnessing to our faith in the Lord.
When I apply Mr. Randolph's thoughts to that, I am forced to ask myself these questions:
Does everyone around me know what I stand for?
Do they know what I believe?
Can they tell from simply observing my life what is most important to me?
Can people see that Jesus is Lord by noting my actions?

What about you?

http://www.practicalbibleteaching.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why is it so hard to witness to your relatives at times? My brother, Roger had a bad experience with a pastor back in his teens. He turned his back on God at that time.
His wife and I prayed for his salvation for years. Before she passed away five years ago from cancer, I promised her that God would lead my brother to salvation. Now he has Stage 4 metastatic cancer.
He knows what I stand for and He knows what I believe. He also can tell from observing my life what is most important to me, as far as my faith.
He has known me all his life and
has observed me. He seems to accept the fact that I accepted Christ, but it is so hard to talk to him about salvation, especially because of the look I get whenever I bring it up.

I've made a decision, thanks to God, to take him through God's Plan of Salvation.