Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Keep Them B.U.S.Y.

SATAN'S MEETING: (Read, even if you're busy)
Satan called a worldwide convention of demons.
In his opening address he said,
"We can't keep Christians from going to church. We can't keep them from reading their Bibles and knowing the truth. We can't even keep them from forming an intimate relationship with their Savior.
"Once they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken.
"So let them go to their churches; let them have their covered dish dinners, BUT steal their time, so they don't have time to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ."
The devil continued, "This is what I want you to do:
"Distract them from gaining hold of their Savior and maintaining that vital connection throughout their day!"
"How shall we do this?" his demons shouted.
"Keep them busy in the non-essentials of life and invent innumerable schemes to occupy their minds," he answered. more


Discussion:
Have you been trapped by the B.U.S.Y. lifestyle?
How?
Describe what you could do or have done to get out of it.

3 comments:

kathy bradley said...

AMEN!!!

Anonymous said...

------------------------------
Have you been trapped by the B.U.S.Y. lifestyle?
How?
Describe what you could do or have done to get out of it.

----------------------------
I have been trapped many times. I have been trapped by saying YES to many times to helping out at Church. I have been trapped by having internet, cell phone, TV...
I have been trapped by trying to generate extra income.

I have gotten rid of the internet at home (just need work to get rid of it now). No TV, no cell phone. Have started saying NO more often.

I am now busy cleaning the garage and exercising.

Seems like there is always something to crowd out the best for what is good. Yeah, let me rephrase that: We accept the good instead of the best.

Anonymous said...

A BUSY trap came the other day.

I was invited to lead a 10 week study on finances. More than that, it was to help someone who had the classes set up and last minute had 3 instructors drop out.

My personality is such that I wanted to just jump in and save the day.

But, it would not have been good as I would have been too busy doing good that I would have missed out on the best.

Thankfully, I could recall this BUSY idea and it helped me be Ok with saying no.